Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Which Practices will be merging?
Addison House Surgery and Barbara Castle Health Centre will merge to create a single patient list.
2. Why are the Practices Merging?
Over the past years both practices have worked together to improve patient access to same day appointments as part of our Neighborhood Unscheduled Care Services. We believe that the most effective way to further develop our patient services is to merge our practices.
3. What is the anticipated timescale for the merger?
We aim to fully merge the practices by 1st April 2020.
4. What will each location be called after the merger?
We will continue to operate from our current locations at Addison House Surgery and Barbara Castle Health Centre and will continue to identify our locations using these names so that we are clear where patients will be accessing their care.
5. Will telephone numbers change?
As our plans develop we expect to move to a single telephone number, in the meantime patients should continue to contact their usual surgery using the existing telephone numbers.
6. Can patients request an appointment at the other practice?
Yes, patients can request appointments with any doctor or nurse at Addison House or Barbara Castle Health Centre. Our aim is to provide better access to a wider range of services.
7. How will the merger affect staffing?
By merging we believe that we will be better placed to recruit, retain and continue to develop a team that will meet the healthcare needs of our patients.
8. Will the practice continue to have a patient representation group?
We will form one Patient Group who will represent patient views and provide a much appreciated support and advisory service to our Practice. We would encourage any patients who would be interested to join our Group.
9. Who can patients contact with questions or comments?
Patients can address questions or comments to the Practice Manager at their usual surgery.